Wednesday 13 December 2006

Suffolk Murders

Well a tragic story....does one get the impression that already the police are in over their heads. It must be a horrendous situation to be in, 5 bodies in as many days......

No doubt the police are well trained and I hope the Suffolk force will have the backup from other forces.

The question I have is whether or not the public perception about the polices' ability to solve the crime has been heightened by the media over the last decade.

Is REAL policing anything like fictional policing where the police work through difficult cases and solve them with apparent ease?

I suspect not... but time will tell.

I hope they find the killer quickly

One thing I do find offensive is the fact that in almost every media report the dead women are referred to as prostitutes, in a demeaning fashion. Why is this the case? I think everyone knows by now of their occupation.

What are other people's opinions on this?

No comments: