Sunday 18 February 2007

Small irriatating observations....

Today I wandered out in the car to buy a newspaper at a local supermarket which is a couple of miles at most from my house. (I did wonder why I didn't walk up to the gargae instead which is nearer, walking being heathier and more useful for removing my extra half stone.

Anyway I got to the supermaket (the one with white lettering on an Orange background, part of my personal crusade not to use the one with blue lettering on a white background) and I lumbered around in the car, tousled hair, scruffy clothes, (unshaven for two days, part of my skincare regime, facial hair liberation, less burn damage from the razor), my son (8) bought me the Gilette Fusion for Christmas, its the one with 5 blades, I think he had some subconcious hope that I'd turn into David Beckham as he asks me at least twice per week if I'm using my new razor (he checks for facial smoothness), I confirm I am and I always see a fleeting look of disappointment in his face. (Nope he still looks like Daddy)

Also the bloody 5 blade razor is hell first thing in the morning if your face is tender, anybody ever get sore hair? well I get sore beard and then I drag a razor across it!! and believe me for some reason the 5 blade version is seriously more painful at this point than the 3 blade "Mach Turbo" (marketing dept getting double speed in the name there, clever bastards!) If I stop using the David Beckam model my son will disown me, if I keep using it I may turn into Becks and end up with Posh! now that would be a nightmare!!!!!! I like proper women me!


Anyway back at the supermarket, I'm lumberingly motoring round the carpark in baglady mode (had brushed my teeth though as I didn't want to cause fellow shoppers anguish and cause them to fall over on a Sunday morning) looking for a parking space, there were none.

Interestingly row 2 & 3 out 10 rows of spaces are all for disabled drivers, which is excellent and as it should be of course......but really 40 disabled spaces, occupied by 3 cars! is it really really necessary to have sooooo many diasbled spaces?

So there are 2 possibilities, either I've missed "disabled shopping" time which I always appear to have an uncanny knack for doing or proportionally they've allocated too many spaces for disabled parking.

Also the penalties are draconican, clamping is mentioned in abundance (individual signs every two spaces for those that are hard of seeing), fines etc, I stopped reading for fear of a threat of prison. I eventually got a parking space but was left wondering with some annoyance as to why there are so many disabled parking spaces in supermarkets when clearly they don't get used. Other than its down to legislation can anyone provide me with an answer?

Next week I might be brave and position my car across 2 or 3 of the spaces as protest, I wonder if I did this would it legally be classified as parking? If it is I might just say that Jeremy Clarkson left my car there.

and don't get me started on "Shop Mobility" anyone else notice these in covered car parks? again no issue with the principle, just the volume.

It is clear I'm turning into a Grumpy Middle Aged Man and I'm not 40.......yet.

No comments: